Hello, lovely bluebirds!
I am HOME for about a week due to a terrible rash I developed out on the fireline. While I wish I could work right now (and stop itching!), it is good to see my family and get some rest and do some running. I’ve been stuffing myself with Chai tea and nectarines and rotisserie chicken…running all day and playing with the dogs. Playing guitar. Vacuuming out the Jeep. Things I never have time to do in the summer. This morning I had breakfast with Daddy Lyons, and I am planning on doing some cleaning and painting and running later this evening.
I’m going to do a couple new paintings, and I will try to have them up in my Etsy shop and on this blog for you all to look at and buy if you feel so inclined. Be excited because they will be a collection–variations on a theme dealing with the colors of fire and feathers. Everything will bleed into shapes and formlessness simultaneously…crimson and pale blues. Violets and blacks. Whites and pinks. Indigo and oranges. The colors of the places I’ve seen this summer. Timber and sand. Fire. Water. The Wind River Range.
I am excited to paint and excited to share with you! Yeehaw!
I’ve been digging a lot at work lately, but these are the things I am also digging:
1. KINO MCGREGOR’S YOUTUBE CHANNEL
2. THESE LULULEMON RUNNING SHORTS
3. BLACK TEA WITH VANILLA ALMOND MILK IN IT…YUM
4. THIS BALLET
5. THIS BOOK
7. THIS WEBSITE FULL OF RECIPES FOR KALE SMOOTHIES
Beet Blueberry Kale Smoothie
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger
- 1 medium-sized, raw beet
- ½ cup apple juice
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 leaf kale
- peel ginger
- peel beet
- add ginger and beet to blender and blend a little longer than you think necessary. The key here is to blend the beet smooth before you ad the other ingredients.
- peel banana
- de-stem kale
- add all ingredients to blender, blend and serve!
8. THIS SONG
9. LONG RUNS OUT IN THE COUNTRY
10. THIS MAN …miss him all the time and love him dearly!
I hope you are all enjoying the last days of summer! Water your garden, fill up the hummingbird feeders, eat dark chocolate, and love your neighbors!