Good morning, lovely bluebirds!
It is officially autumn (by my watch), and that means it is time for the seasonal…wait for it…
Fall Bluebird Giveaway!
Here is what you have to do:
1. Take a picture or write a poem or send me an autumn recipe.
2. Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with your name and address. If your name starts with ‘Bran’ and ends in ‘Han’, you are disqualified from entering (xo).
3. Do all of this by 9/20/13.
4. I will randomly select the winner using a random number generator.
5. I will publish all of your work on this blog and announce the winner on 9/20/13 at approximately 6:00 a.m (STC…I could be on a fire). Your prize will then come in the mail to the address you emailed me with your submission (I have been rumored to feel bad and choose a runner-up and second runner-up if the submissions are good…).
Here is what you will win:
A signed print of this Wind Rivers painting, which I painted with tender, loving care, ink, colors from the sand and sky, and bluebird feathers (If you don’t like this one, I can send you a different print or make you a new painting!):
Some wonderful, autumn-ey chai tea:
And a pair of Smartwool socks:
Share this contest with your friends! Good Luck, and have a great day!
This post is mostly ramblings and it is more journalistic than most of my posts…most of them have a specific topic that I muse on, but this posting doesn’t. So beware.
This morning, I am taking things slow and decompressing my firefighting vertebrae. It’s funny…I think I am getting shorter and shorter with every summer that I have to carry 50+ pounds around on my small frame. Each year that I do fire, the more I realize that I wasn’t really meant to do fire. There are times that I love my job, and times that I get so frustrated that I spend entire days in my own head thinking about alternative life routes. That being said, I am probably going to be in law school in less than a year.
On a different note, here is a bear trap found in the Wind River Range in the Bridger Teton National Forest:
Needless to say, I am thoroughly enjoying the autumn Idaho morning with a pot of coffee and some yoga and running to do. Fire season is [apparently] winding down, which is both regrettable and welcomed in my life right now. But I love being in the Inkhome and hearing the horses whinny and playing with the Yorkpuppy (pictured above) and going on long country runs on roads or up mountains. I really love running uphill for hours at a time. Perhaps I am a sadist. I am getting really excited for all the races I want to do, and I am getting more and more motivated each day.
And I wrote this article about yoga and life lessons on Elephant Journal. Please enjoy!
On another note, I am working on Part 2 of the Ashtanga 4th series today. It’s going to take me a long time to learn it all, but I think it’s a good goal for me to work on individually and outside of the other yoga practices that I do. Definitely a challenge for me!
Finally, here are some random photos for you:
Have a lovely day!
Here’s a cover I did for my beau, Brandon…It’s one of my favorite songs, which is the Ryan Adams cover of “Wonderwall” by Oasis.